Sunday, December 15, 2013

29 Weeks


Photo: Heading to class! Birthing class :)
Aches, and pains, oh my!  Well, I think I have entered the uncomfortable stage already!  My back is killing me as a lug around an extra 20-25 pounds already!  I am starting to retain a lot of water too, and found my first stretch mark!  Even though all of this sounds awful, I still enjoy being pregnant.  I continue to workout at the gym and do prenatal yoga at home.
Saturday was our birthing class at the University of Iowa and we really enjoyed it.  The best part was getting a tour of labor &delivery & learning about different relaxation techniques.  All the nurses compared to running a marathon... piece of cake, right?  I really liked their mental power approach which I am all about.  I honestly believe you can train the mind to do anything and the body will follow.  I wasn't too into writing a birth plan but after the experience I think we definitely will.  They recommended putting 5-7 things that you feel strongly about so they can really make sure to help you with those.  I already have my wish list and excited to put it together :)  With Ian it was such a whirlwind that I really was not in a good place to focus nor do I really remember what was going on.  The good thing is I know I can get to 5cm without an epidural ( perfect timing they recommend getting one)  The rooms are very spacious and the staff all seemed really great.  It was also great for me to get some interaction with other adults in the area since I am home constantly.  The only other class we are doing is the breastfeeding class at the end of Jan.  Starting to wonder if I will go early or late!

How far along? 29 weeks

How big is baby?  Size  of a butternut Squash

Total weight gain/loss:   +20-25 really been bouncing around all week. Swollen/not swollen

Maternity clothes?  Yep!  Don't laugh.... I have a hard time keeping jeans on for more than a few hours, makes my legs feel claustrophobic... ok it's kinda funny 

Sleep:  not great but I manage quite well, good practice I guess.

Best moment this week:   Birthing Class
Movement: Slowing down a bit, running out of room.  Still very active though

Food cravings:  French toast

Food Aversions: Still pickles

Gender:  ?? and not finding out ??

Labor Signs:  none besides the braxton hicks at night.

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Hot, aches & pain

Belly Button in or out?  In, and think it will stay in just getting wider/rounder

What I miss: wearing pants all day :)

What I am looking forward to: Dr. Appointment

Upcoming appointments/events:   December 18th and then every 2 weeks :)

Stretch Marks:  I found my first one sprout.  Yipppppeeeee.  It's not that bad

No comments:

Post a Comment